Top 5 Power Tools You Need in Your Garage
Posted: June 22, 2017 By: MattM
A good power tool should make your life easier AND save you time. The more time you have, the more you will get done! We’re going to assume you have common power tools like a drill, grinder, etc. in your shop if you’re working on your own project car; but there’s always room for more tools! We decided to put together a Top 5 list of power tools that may be missing from your collection.
- Contour SCT- It doesn’t matter if you’re doing a full-blown restoration or your a weekend warrior doing small repairs on your car or even home improvement. The wide 4″ stripping footprint allows you to strip metal, wood, fiberglass, etc surfaces QUICK. With the range of drums we offer you’re sure to find an appropriate abrasive drum (or even a buffing drum!) for the job. Check out the product page and see what all the hype is about!
- Electric Sheet Metal Shears- Making long cuts on sheet metal can be VERY labor intensive and time consuming if you don’t have a large stomp shear or similar industrial-grade tool. Our electric shears let you make straight and curved cuts anywhere in a sheet of metal. Save your arms cutting with aviation snips and get a set of electric metal shears!
- Benchtop Bandsaw– A angle grinder can cut thicker materials but the sparks, debris, and cost of the cutting wheels can make you rethink every cut you make. Large bandsaws are great if you have space and budget to buy one, but most home shops don’t have one. A bandsaw cuts slow, stead, and clean making it ideal for box and round tubing, and thicker plate. Our benchtop bandsaw gives you the ability to make cuts in metal up to 3 1/4″ wide and even allows cuts up to 45 degrees. The best part is that it is small enough to toss it under a work bench and only pull out when needed. This little saw packs a punch and is quick and easy to setup.
- Drill Doctor- There isn’t much more frustrating than a finding a drill bit is dull or worse; burning up a bit while drilling out a hole! Sure you can try and sharpen a bit on the grinder, but this is usually hit or miss. If you want to save money AND time by sharpening dull bits you need a drill doctor in your life. The process is quick and simple and gives a perfectly ground drill bit ready to drill many more holes. This is one of those power tools that is small, but pays for itself quickly!
- Random Orbital Sander/Polisher- Tools that have multiple functions always pay for themselves quickly. The Contour Polisher/Sander runs smooth and controlled enough to polish the paint on your car and powerful enough you can switch it over to sand off paint on your project car. Best of all, it takes up less space than buying two separate tools!