HOW TO INSTALL A BATTERY DISCONNECT SWITCH
- 1. Be certain all accessories on vehicle are off(i.e., interior lights, under hood lights, etc.)
- 2. Remove Battery Cable from Negative Battery Post.
- 3. Clean Battery Post and inside Cable End.
- 4. Slip Clamp end of Switch onto Negative Battery Post and tighten securely.
- 5. Slip Battery Cable onto post end of Switch and tighten securely.
– Turn green knob 1/2 turn counterclockwise.
– Turn green knob clockwise until secure.
To Prevent Unauthorized Vehicle Use:
– Turn green knob counterclockwise and remove.
Note: To preserve vehicle computer settings or radio station settings, install Fuse Link (#25049) when battery is disconnected. This will allow enough current through to maintain settings, but will not allow vehicle to start.