We want to share the great Eastwood staff with you, our customers! We have asked them to fill out the first five questions, and then pick random questions from the “Wildcard” section of questions. We allowed them to answer these however they’d like. You’d be surprised at what some of us have to say!
1. Name and Title at Eastwood?
Joe Mountz – Content Creator & Marketer
2. What the heck do you do all day? When I’m not in the editing bay cutting together the latest Eastwood promo video or editing photos, I can be found on the studio floor planning and organizing our next video shoot – best case scenario we’re welding or plasma cutting, everyone loves sparks in videos!
3. Did you come from an automotive background before Eastwood? What did you do before Eastwood? I did not… In college I had a handful of internships in the video production field, while also working for the university shooting and editing videos for recruitment and event coverage. Fun Fact: at a young age I worked at a car wash and it was my job to drive the cars off the giant conveyor belt when they were finished being cleaned. When I told them I couldn’t drive stick, they told me ‘well you better learn fast!’. I only stalled one BMW before I got the hang of it.
4. When not talking cars, tools, and restorations all day, what are a few of your hobbies? Well, I’m recently married and a new homeowner, so there’s always a new project around the house to tackle – the DIY approach runs deep amongst Eastwood employees! Also, I really enjoying cooking, especially for friends and family.
5. What’s your favorite Eastwood product? Why?The Needle Scaler, that thing is Oo-So gratifying!
6. What’s your favorite thing about working for Eastwood? My job requires a lot of problem solving and making creative decisions on the fly – it’s
7. Do have any prize possessions? What are they? I have a large collection of old home movies that were shot on 8 & 16mm film. Every year around Christmas I’ll set up the old projector and watch them. I’ve even had them digitalized and put onto DVDs as gifts for my family.
8. If you could own any car on the earth, what would it be? I go in for vintage European imports – give me a pro-touring Austin Healey or Mercedes convertible and I’m a happy man.